The past year and a half in the LTA program has been a wonderful adventure, even with the pandemic. I’ve expanded my knowledge of library work and connected with many wonderful individuals and institutions within the field. I have also been serving as the 2021 Vice President of COD’s LTA Club.
During my time at COD, I have enjoyed taking 9 library-specific classes:
- LIBRA-1101 Intro to Libraries & the Information Age
- LIBRA-1102 Intro to Reference & Information Services
- LIBRA-1103 Acquisition of Library Materials
- LIBRA-1104 Essential Library Workplace Skills
- LIBRA-1105 Readers’ Advisory
- LIBRA-2100 Intro to Cataloging and Classification
- LIBRA-2200 Serving the Public in Today’s Libraries
- LIBRA-2400 Library Technology
- LIBRA-2600 Library Practicum
The classes were super interesting and I enjoyed them all. But if pressed, my absolute favorites were Readers’ Advisory, Cataloging, Serving the Public, Reference, and the Practicum. Hah, that’s more than half of the courses! What can I say? It’s truly an amazing program. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in learning about library service.